
I haven't posted for a while because I have been ill... Really, I have been too tired to even think about things to post. I just wanted to lay in my bed and cry because it hurt to breathe. (Yeah, I know... I need to quit being a cry baby. But I was really, really sick.)
Anyway, I was thinking about things that bring us comfort when we are sick, and reminiscing about my youth. I don't know about your mom, but my mom always made me feel better when she was worried about me being ill. There is just something about that cold hand feeling my head for a fever, or her waking me up out of a dead sleep (that I finally was able to reach) to check my temp that made me feel that she loved me. And she always made my favorite soup...
But then I grew up, and momma wasn't able to be there all the time. That just made all the times I was ill even worse. No one is a good substitute for Momma, except Jesus. I could say a lot of things here about the goodness of God, but there is nothing so comforting as knowing that He cares for us. No matter what it is that we are going through, He cares. You can always call on Him, and He will always answer your prayer because He cares.
He loves us like a father, nurtures us like a mother, cares for us like a brother. Is there anyone who can compare to God?
I don't think so.
No comments:
Post a Comment