Friday, November 20, 2009

What to do with Christmas....?

I have heard all the reasons why Christians should or should not in some way celebrate Christmas. To me, however, most of it boils down to propaganda based in fear. Yes, I know where Christmas started, and I understand all about those symbols associated with Christmas that have nothing to do with Christ and Christianity. Whatever you believe or don't about the matter, you cannot deny that taking time out to pause in wonder at the events that took place some two thousand years ago.

God stepped down from His heavenly throne and entered the world as a baby destined to usher in restitution and salvation for all of mankind.

Even saying it becomes amazing.

Either way, if you celebrate Christmas or not, Jesus' birth was just as important as his death and resurrection in God's plan of salvation. And I find that nothing short of miraculous and glorious.



No comments:

Post a Comment